Sunday, September 20, 2009

Motivational Quote #30



I am so bad. I saved this two days ago and never posted it. I was kind of busy, though, finishing edits to a manuscript and playing mommy.

If you've never read anything by or about Dale Carnegie, then you might not realize how amazing and inspiring he was. The son of a farmer, he was a traveling salesman and an actor before he began teaching public speaking at a YMCA In New York City.

Due to the popularity of his classes, Carnegie standardized his teaching methods and put them into pamphlet form, which he later collected into a book. His most popular title, How to Win Friends and Influence People--a title I've read--was published in 1936.

One man's vision has turned into an entire performance-based training company with offices worldwide.

Carengie's achievements are enough to inspire anyone, so it's not surprising that his quotes pop up here from time to time. When I saw this one the other day, I immediately fell in love with it and wanted to share it with all of you.

"All life is a chance. So take it! The person who goes furthest is the one who is willing to do and dare." - Dale Carnegie

So often as writers we doubt our abilities. We create excuses for why we can't focus on our dream of becoming published authors. Carnegie says it so well. "All life is a chance." He's so right. We can't always predict the outcome of things, but sure won't get anywhere if we don't try.

No one will ever accuse me of being a risk taker, but when it comes to my writing, I want to make it happen...most of the time. I am willing to take a risk here and there to make it work.

What is it that stops you from being the person who goes the furthest? Why are you afraid to do and dare? And are you ready to live with the consequences of your inaction?

Remember, you have the power to make your dreams come true. Use it!

No comments: