Monday, November 24, 2008

Motivational Quote #11



Every once in a while a run across a quotation that makes me say, "Wow!" I found one of those today and I wanted to share it with you.

"You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water." - Rabindranath Tagore.

Rabindranath Tagore became Asia's first Nobel laureate when he won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1913. A poet, novelist, playwright, artist, and composer, Tagore played a large role in the artistic and cultural renaissance of India.

Drawing from his profound words today, the aspiring author realizes that talking about being a writer will not make you a writer. One must write. Do not stare at the water, dive in and cross the sea.

You have the power to make your dreams come true. Use it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe! The top left corner of the image is a card I received from a dear friend on my wedding. :) Just seeing that is wonderful motivation.